VNS Customer Service Manifesto
Our Customer Service 'Manifesto'
Sick of poor service from huge, apathetic companies that claim to
be customer-focused, but care more about what Wall Street thinks? We
are too. Here's what you can expect from VNS:
- We will deliver on what we promised - we will not disappear
for the support after the sale is made.
- We will listen attentively to all your
- We will be easy to reach especially when
things go wrong.
- We will resolve your issues in a reasonable
- We will admit when we made a mistake.
- We will empower our employees to solve your
issue at the point it occurs.
- We will not charge separate nuisance fees or
- We will treat you with respect and dignity at
- When we decide to change something, we will
tell you in advance.
- We will never sell any information about you
without your permission.
- We will offer you several convenient ways to
provide us feedback.
- In every situation, we will ask you what it
would take to make you feel satisfied.
- After an initial consultation (up to 1 hour at no cost) with
a prospective client, we will determine if we feel there is a
match between our capabilities and your needs. If there is, we
will then provide you with a Statement of Work (SOW) which is a
document that defines the parameters of our engagement - what
services we will provide to you, dates of engagement,
requirements for completion, and estimated cost. Once we have
received an executed copy of the SOW and a deposit for services
(see below for payment terms), we
can begin work.
- Orders for "in-stock" items placed by 2:00 PM ( PST, Mon. -
Fri. ) ship same day.
- We can only accept orders from U.S. Billing and Shipping
- After you place your order, you should receive an email
acknowledgment within one business day to confirm that we are
processing your order.
- We use UPS ground service, and other common carriers. We
attempt to minimize your freight cost. Expedited delivery
services are available upon request.
- Actual shipping charges are billed at the carriers published
rates - no upcharges or handling fees.
- Shipping status can be found on our
package tracking page.
Payment by most credit cards
accepted. All pricing reflects a cash/PO discount.
Purchase by credit card is normally 2.5% more. Purchase
orders and company checks also accepted.
Consulting projects lasting 16 or
more hours require 50% pre-payment before work can begin, with
the remainder due upon completion.
All payments are due within 20 days of
billing date for established accounts. Payments for new
accounts are due within 15 days of billing date.
We offer a 30-day parts and labor
warranty against manufacturer defects on new parts we sell and
install for Repair Services. This warranty is limited to
replacement of these parts only. System configuration,
applications, data and/or other equipment or components are not
Customer is responsible for all
replacements needed for product failures. VNS can assist in this
process, but customer should understand that VNS does not
manufacture the products that we integrate, and that any labor
that we expend to integrate a solution is billable to the
customer, and that product DOA issues are between the customer
and the manufacturer. Customer understands that VNS does not
provide any hardware or software warranties directly, only a
warranty on our professional services
Customer understands that VNS
assumes no responsibility or liability for the functionality or
quality of third-party products that customer has acquired from
other vendors. Should customer-provided products be found to be
faulty or defective, this may increase the amount of time
required to perform services.
- Before returning any product,
email us to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
number. We will not accept any returns without an RMA number.
The RMA number is only valid for 10 days after it has been
issued and must be clearly displayed on the shipping label.
- All product returns must be processed within 15 days from
the date of the invoice.
- Non-defective returns for credit or exchange are subject to
a shipping and a minimum 15% restocking fee.
- Returns are subject to the discretion of the vendor.
- Products must be returned 100% complete, in unused and in
the original packaging.
- Shipping and credit card processing charges are not
- Prices, specifications and availability of products are
subject to change without notice. We will contact you if pricing
or availability effects your order.
- Pricing is normally good for 15 days, however, on some
highly volatile items such as memory, pricing can fluctuate by
- Pricing reflects best discounts available at time of
quotation, and is based on entire order of this quote.
Reductions in quantities may result in higher per-unit pricing,
and accordingly, higher order volumes can result in much better
- Pricing presumes that client will pay their invoices within
the agreed upon terms. Any client that does not pay within the
agreed upon terms will be subject to late fees and interest of
1.5% per month on any balances not paid within the payment terms
offered in this proposal.
- Our service rates can be found on our
- Clients are billed at the applicable hourly rate for all
travel time beyond 30 minutes travel time from our office.
- VNS responds to all customers on a best effort basis.
customers receive highest priority, including 24x7x365
support, and we also make every effort to accommodate customers
with system down or other business critical needs. We
maintain a full-time Service Dispatcher to insure that every
request is handled in a timely manner, and that you receive
follow up for any pending requests. Most customer issues
are addressed within 1 business day, and we'll always inform you
of what to expect, and when.