Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at
VNS. So here's the deal:
- We hate mediocrity - we embrace meritocracy (where an
individual is promoted not upon his or her age, race or other things
that one can't control, but upon his or her abilities). That also means
this is a challenging place to work, but you don't get to be the best,
or enjoy the rewards of being the best without stepping up to the
plate. You'll earn it here but you'll be supported and trained and
molded into more than you probably think you're capable of. We are big
believers in people doing that which they may not think is possible.
- We always promote from within first. We're also very
aggressive about rewarding and promoting based on ability.
- This is a place where things are happening FAST
- that means there's plenty of opportunity for you to take ownership of
projects and run with them. We've been growing for the
last several years.
- Flexible schedules - work in a caffeine-enhanced blur
at 3am (if that works for you). Take care of your kids, spouse, dog,
cat, or whoever. Go to the doctor when you need. We don't care, as
long as you get the job done.
- Enjoy the low cost of living in Central California -
typically 50% of what it costs to live in the Bay Area.
- We have a relaxed dress code. We're cool with dogs
too but we just don't have room for any yet - otherwise we'd all
probably have our dogs here.
- Have a voice in the company. We're small and
growing, and we'll continue to grow by listening.
- Compensation based entirely upon performance and
contribution to the company.
- Our "executives" are not autocrats in oak-lined glass
houses. We're professionals who've all worked in the field and continue
to do so, working side-by-side with everyone else to get the job done.
Our Human Resources department will gladly consider all
qualified candidates. If you are interested in any of the positions listed
below, please e-mail, fax (559-650-2601), although email is strongly
e-mail us your resume with a cover letter indicating the job title to the
address listed below. Make sure to include an email address though
- applicants not providing an email address won't even be considered...after
all, you are applying to work at a technology company. If you don't
have email, you are probably looking in the wrong place.
You will receive a general acknowledgment when we receive
your resume, if it's a match for us. If we feel that you are qualified
for the position you have applied for, we will contact you directly to
schedule an interview. VNS is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud
to employ a diversified workforce.
Valley Network Solutions is a fast-growing consulting
company and our employees are the most important aspect of our business. Our
goal is to keep our employees happy and encourage their growth.
Because VNS was founded by a former consultant who understood what it's like
to be in the field, our goal is to create an excellent working environment
where consultants can grow their skills and further their careers and
engineers and technicians can develop into field consultants.
VNS offers our employees the following benefits:
- 60% coverage of medical premiums for employee. Eligible dependents
can also obtain coverage at a cost to the employee. We use Kaiser.
Dental/vision options are available.
- 401K retirement plan with 4% matching profit sharing on
contributions for all full-time employees.
- One week of holiday vacation annually, two weeks after second year.
- An average of 1-2 weeks of paid training per year. Our technical
and sales teams are constantly learning and developing their skills to
keep up with the pace of technology. We regularly have vendors come to
our offices for training as well.
- Computer hardware and software purchases at our cost.
- Reimbursement of all mileage and travel costs.
- Reimbursement of all passing exams that are part of your training
- Access to training resources and materials.
- Enhanced levels of vendor support as a result of our manufacturer
- Field laptop, case and 3G data service (field service and sales
- Option to have company mobile or company will pay monthly allowance
to use your own phone for company business (field service and sales
- Flexibility with work schedules. Once an employee has established
themselves as a trusted part of our team, and someone who reliably and
consistently performs their job duties, we are very accommodating with
personal time off for family issues.
- And... the opportunity to work with one of the most talented teams
of people around. We only hire type-A "tech Ninjas" - we are some of
the best and that's who we want to work with.
If you think you have what it takes to join our elite team
of professionals, please let us know.
Please submit all resumes via the following
information. Please do not call. Calls for employment will not be
accepted, unless you're having trouble with it being received via
email. Email is the preferred medium for communication at VNS.
- Valley Network Solutions, Inc.
- 364 W. Fallbrook Avenue, Suite 101
- Fresno, CA 93711-5858
- Attn: Human Resources Director
Or send E-Mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (this method is highly
If you're contacted for an interview, and you'd
like to save time when you arrive for your interview, please
fill out this
job application in advance and bring it with you to your
interview. You can also submit it by email in advance by
sending it to